MooMoo's List of suggestions.

(07-06-2022, 07:38 PM)Lydia Wrote: imo the spell names should definitely be changed, I can't pronounce 99% of them lol. 

Naming the spells in Greek does make it seem a little painful to remember. I have a suggestion:
Simply name spells in plain English so it's easy enough to discern what they do and incorporate Greek Mythology when appropriate.
You could even get lazy and base spell titles on dark souls sorcery
E.g

The former Verdimillious : Spirit Arrow
The former Mostro : Heavy Spirit Arrow
... 'Great Heavy Spirit Arrow' 'Crystal Spirit Arrow'. Stuff like that.

Spells could be titled in a way akin to dark souls miracles too.
You could base spells on Greek Gods where appropriate. That would also provide teachers with something to base lessons on too. Creating stories about the spells.
E.g
Former Wingardium Leviosa : Tongs of Hephaestus 

I can't be expected to be creative enough to do all of these but the idea would be for it to make logical sense and be in plain English. You would not necessarily even have to do it for every spell. Just having some spells based on Greek Gods or Mythology, in plain English, would be more memorable and be an improvement in my opinion. I would also refrain from leaning too heavily on Greek Gods/Mythology except in circumstances where the God is very well known and makes sense. Ultimately, players should be able to open their spell list and not require a lecture in Greek or a chart. 

Messages In This Thread
MooMoo's List of suggestions. - by WhoWho - 07-01-2022, 08:47 PM
RE: MooMoo's List of suggestions. - by Etlenor - 07-03-2022, 04:29 PM
RE: MooMoo's List of suggestions. - by Lydia - 07-06-2022, 07:38 PM
RE: MooMoo's List of suggestions. - by GENER - 07-06-2022, 11:13 PM
RE: MooMoo's List of suggestions. - by Larissa - 07-07-2022, 01:35 AM