GENERs Staff Manager Application (v2)

My Comments:

Gina is what I like to call a spirit-head of the community, I really don’t know many within the community that genuinely dislike him.

Gina’s want for a forthcoming of a more standardised formality of expectations for the team is 1 I should look forward to seeing, as things like the mentioned standard of super-admins being actually written, or a direct and set out process of handling things such as inactivity. 

Furthermore, Gina’s persistence on laying out plans for a more consistent admin team is something to be desired, and I know that with the position this would probably be 1 of the main things he would set to do as he states. I think something else that is much desired is a general written out expectation of all staff members, and a sort of “Code of Conduct” when it comes to server related things.

My problems with Gina lie in exactly what he has stated in Question 6, where his engagement with the team is far and few between, but much loved when it does arise.

I specifically remember him messaging me, and I quote: 
“their feedback was 'oh if you're not his friend he will not talk to you’ and I'm like, ok? AND? Tf you want me to do man babysit ur kids on Thursday like, what?” [blah blah blah] “But that is fair I am famously reclusive. If I was a billionaire I'd build a giant library, lock myself in it, and give the rest of the money away ong”.

As one might be interpret from the above message, Gina (so far) is a nerd who likes to sit in the corner away from everyone else, law book in hand, flipping through pages like a maniac to find the reason why Queen Victoria married her cousin. But it also shows, to me at least, Gina’s possible lack of compassion for staff members, or I suppose a general care for those within the team rather than his own gain or those he is close with. A more disconnected character might be ok for the Server Manager Position, but it worries me when it comes to Staff Managing. I have high hopes to see this rise or for me to be proven wrong in the coming weeks.

One thing I do know though is Gina is able to be very level-headed and as he says, impartial. (Also the best gamemaker money can buy, you could put a doll and a rock infront of this man and he'd make a coherent event out of it) I should hope to see Gina participate more in staff discussions in the coming few weeks to prove that this would happen if he gets the position. Besides that I think, in the same way as Etlenor, it might be time.

Neutral but moreso leaning to the +1 side, subject to change in the coming weeks.

Edit: Revised Vote - 

In light of this process going on for longer and longer, I want to narrow down my personal opinion to who I think would be best suited for the position. Over the past few weeks I know Gina has made a greater attempt to engage with the team, communicating a little more and such.
However, I've recently had another concern come to mind, your engagement in disciplinary scenarios, I can think of negative examples which I wish not to include here (they're recent)

To put it simply, Pierre brings up a lot of good points,
I've come to the simple conclusion though that I think I'd much more like you as Server Manager over Staff Manager Gina, and I think that, by this point, you'd get a fully supportive plus 1 there from me, even some of the votes here reflect that, e.g: "A vested interest in keeping things moving well and the server alive" - Edgar Nova (sounds like feedback that might be more suited to a server manager app)

Neutral as I still don't think you'd be bad, but actually maybe more leaning to a -1 vote as I'd prefer you for server manager instead,
This is a signature
Expand Signature

Messages In This Thread
GENERs Staff Manager Application (v2) - by GENER - 08-22-2022, 04:11 AM
RE: GENERs Staff Manager Application (v2) - by Bҽʅʅα*:・゚✧ - 08-22-2022, 07:31 AM