Ariel Lionheart's Staff Manager Application

(09-08-2022, 08:22 PM)Joey Wrote:
I don't play enough to have an educated opinion on your ability to be a Staff Manager, but I do think someone being a Staff Manager whilst their partner is apart of the Staff Team is a bad idea. Unless you made a statement to recuse yourself from any decision that has to do with Ryte this is a big no from me.

Hey Joey,

I understand the concerns you have, and I figured that someone would be wondering about what I would do if a situation would ever come up with Ryte. There have been managers and applicants in the past with other staff members close to them and they have been able to manage this without bias, and that is something that I am also certain I would be able to do. I have no issue with telling Ryte when he's done something wrong, and I have had no issue abstaining from voting when needed in the past. If there was a situation involving Ryte, I have full confidence in being able to handle it correctly as a staff manager should.

(09-08-2022, 08:24 PM)Charlie Allman Wrote:
You consistantly were on LOA for almost all of your time as staff as far as I am aware, have been LOA a lot since GOM started. So why should the community put trust in you when you are so distant from it especially now. Other applicants have a lot more activity then this.. 

Hey Charlie. I get where you're coming from and understand the concerns you have regarding my activity. If you haven't read it already, I did write a little bit of context at the end of my app. I would also like to clarify that any LOAs I have taken in the past have been communicated beforehand with the previous managers and approved, as well as my most recent LOA being communicated with Yaycob as well. Before moving on to your question, I would also like to clarify that my gametracker is heavily missing my recent activity as I have not been participating in PVP, rather roleplaying and building, and as one example is missing a large chunk of the 3 and a half hours I spent on today.

During the times I have been unable to hop on the server, I have made sure to keep myself available and active both in the community discord, as well as the staff ones and always remained open, communicative, and aware of any changes. During the time when the server was down as well, I was a very active participant in getting the server back on its feet and as such I have a strong understanding about the current state of the server. I have no doubt that I would be able to continue to do so as well.

Also to address your edit, I actually have had a bit of interest in the past but decided not to apply because I had strong support in another applicant receiving the position. I decided to apply now because of the interest I had in the past, as well as wanting to assist in a much more stronger way I feel I am ready to take. Finally, I will reply no, there is no part of me wanting the position simply to power grab for Ryte. I simply want this position for myself, which has nothing to do with him. 

I hope this clears up any concerns, and if you have any questions about anything I've said here and want me to go in more detail, feel free to send me a message on discord and I will elaborate. Avellaa#6492.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ariel Lionheart's Staff Manager Application - by Ariel Lionheart - 09-08-2022, 09:39 PM