Bathildas Staff Manager APP

She gets my +1, she would be great wherever she decided to take up a managing role at.

Guy will want some community feedback though, so give some thought to a response on what an outsider's perspective will bring

(08-24-2022, 02:33 PM)Ryte Lionheart Wrote: Hey Bathilda

I'm going to be honest about how I feel and at this current time I do not think it's in the best interest for you to obtain this position, so I will explain some of the reasons why

- There are members on the team who feel you been quite rude to and get a discomforting feeling from you that you do not like them and haven't been friendly with. Having you in this position isn't something they are comfortable with.

- For as long as I known you as an Admin, you were one of the most bias staff members that was on the team at the time. You had a group of friends, I get it but they were often treated differently when you handled their sits, this extends to you volunteering yourself to handle reports made against them. This reflects on what could possibly carry over if you obtained this position. 

In the future if enough time is taken to improve on these points you would get my vote.

I want to address things in her defense for these points, detailing experiences I've seen, as I have already voiced my support. 

While our interactions with Bathilda may differ, I wanted to point out that I would go to her specifically in situations involving her friends at the time. It's no secret she used to be a white glove, and having received private reports at the time about white gloves with her being online, I knew better than to handle the reports myself even if they were private (this is before I brought up the issue of pocket modding). Specifically this was regarding a stuck call, which GMs can take, where a player was put in one of the stuck spots on a map and had no way of getting out and was past the 10 minute cuff window and still being taunted. This specific player was notorious for having said things in the past that were of a certain nature but was obligated to have the situation handled in a way that would ensure it'd never happen again. I passed along this specific situation involving the player and Bathilda's friend group and a rule 10 infraction that was simply not allowed and she handled it and I never saw the group do it again, whereas I had seen reports get taken for the same thing from other moderators and I saw the behavior get repeated up until that point. 

A similar sort of situation happened like 2 years later when she was no longer staff and I saw people getting banned and warns being issued, players being unhappy, discontent and drama amongst the staff team, and a negative feedback post even being made about it. Now while I don't disagree that the warns and bans should have been issued in the second instance, I also preferred Bathilda's approach that got the behavior to stop and for staff to not be attacked or mocked in the aftermath. She shows restraint in a good way, as she gets people to stop more often than not, ending sits in a satisfactory and complete way, which if she as staff manager should be able to emphasize to the rest of the staff team. Not to treat people like just another steamID, but rather as individuals. 

She has been trusted to temp mod by at least two of the 3 previous staff managers (unsure about yaycob) and has always been encouraged that she should apply, but I believe the reason she wouldn't apply has been settled and that's why we see this application now as opposed to any point in the past. She's been an active member of the community for a long time, and rose to admin quickly for a reason and is a great choice for the position regardless and should be better able to guide the team to work with the players, instead of in opposition to them, which is probably needed in this time of rebuilding for the server.

Messages In This Thread
Bathildas Staff Manager APP - by Bathilda - 08-22-2022, 04:11 PM
RE: Bathildas Staff Manager APP - by Mister Meeseeks - 08-23-2022, 12:54 AM
RE: Bathildas Staff Manager APP - by John Wave - 08-23-2022, 11:21 PM
RE: Bathildas Staff Manager APP - by Bathilda - 08-24-2022, 07:25 AM
RE: Bathildas Staff Manager APP - by Bathilda - 08-24-2022, 03:05 PM
RE: Bathildas Staff Manager APP - by Kenzie Tucan - 08-24-2022, 03:40 PM
RE: Bathildas Staff Manager APP - by The Real Guy - 08-25-2022, 03:36 PM
RE: Bathildas Staff Manager APP - by Lydia - 08-25-2022, 11:14 PM
RE: Bathildas Staff Manager APP - by Bathilda - 08-26-2022, 09:04 AM
RE: Bathildas Staff Manager APP - by Edgar Nova - 08-26-2022, 02:10 PM
RE: Bathildas Staff Manager APP - by Krepsie - 08-26-2022, 10:10 PM